HODD Media Pty Limited (A.C.N. 670 121 598) is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
This policy explains how HODD Media collects, uses and discloses personal information, the types of personal information that HODD Media may collect, who information may be collected from and the processes that HODD Media has in place to enable individuals to access or update their personal information, or to lodge a complaint.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, USE, HOLD AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
HODD Media collects and uses personal information that is reasonably necessary for the planning, development, production, distribution and promotion of HODD Media’s podcasts or other productions. In particular, HODD Media may collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to assess the suitability of people applying to participate in HODD Media’s productions, including for on-air roles or as crew, during the development, production or marketing of our productions;
- in the case of on-air and crew roles on our productions, where required by our broadcasters, financiers, distributors and insurers, and for providing on screen and advertising credits;
- where applicable, for inclusion in HODD Media’s podcasts or other productions;
- organising any competitions we run in connection with our productions and/or with our sponsors and corporate partners;
- for day-to-day administration of our business including if necessary to answer enquires or to resolve any complaints.
WHO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information from you:
- when we request you to submit any project or are involved in a project being submitted to us BUT please note that we do not accept any unsolicited submissions for projects;
- when you make contact with us and give us your personal information;
- when you apply to participate in one of our productions, such as in a audience, as an on screen participant/cast member, in crowd scenes or in any viewer interaction or any competition related to the production;
- when you apply for a job or a role on our productions, for example as an actor, writer, director, producer, crew or to supply other services and facilities to the productions and in the course of carrying out these functions;
- when you are otherwise associated with the development, finance, production and marketing of one of our productions;
- when you provide feedback about our productions or our other activities.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties (see following information on “How we collect personal information”).
You have the right to contact us and deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym, however in some of those situations it may be impractical for us to deal with you or provide you with the assistance you request.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information in person, in writing, over the phone, by email, on-line though social media platforms, via our website or via video or other live recordings.
On occasions we may collect information about you from third parties including:
- from our production partners, including via www.hamishandandy.com; or the social media assets of Hamish Blake
- from participants in or contributors to our productions;
- from talent agents and managers;
- contractors that supply services to our productions;
- from funding bodies, financiers broadcasters and licensees associated with our productions;
- from advertisers and promotional partners.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information is information about you that identifies you or might identify you. The information that we will collect depends upon the reason we seek it. Personal information that we may collect about you can include your name, address, telephone number, email address, other contact details and date of birth.
When you apply for a job or seek an on-camera role, we may also obtain additional information such as your education, qualifications and work history, gender, your appearance and physical characteristics (including photographs). We may also need to ask you to provide us with sensitive information including medical history (for example, as part of any insurance application process), information relating to a police check, and whether you have been cleared as part of a ‘Working with Children’ check.
However, we will only collect personal information about you if that information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities.
Also, we will only collect sensitive information about you if you consent to us collecting that information. Sensitive information includes information or opinion about: racial or ethnic origin, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, an individual’s criminal record and health information about an individual.
If you are engaged to work on or appear in a HODD Media production please refer to the more detailed list of personal information that we may collect.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED FROM CAST AND ON-CAMERA PERSONNEL AND CREW MEMBERS:
- contact information (email, telephone etc)
- date of birth
- next of kin
- resume/employment history
- ABN, if applicable
- bank details
- superannuation information
- driver’s licence details and driving record (if you may be hiring or driving vehicles)
- dietary issues (if relevant for travel or other purposes)
- country of residence
- medical information and history (including psychological information and only if relevant for the purposes of the production)
- passport information (if required to travel overseas or from overseas to Australia)
- information required to obtain a visa to enter an overseas country or to work in Australia, which may include sensitive information such as whether you have a criminal record
- if you are appearing on air as part of a production, sensitive information that could relate to a criminal record and previous or pending legal proceedings
- physical characteristics and body measurements (e.g., for wardrobe requirements)
- racial and ethnic background (only if relevant)
THE HOLDING AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We seek to keep your personal information safe and secure, whether it be in hard copy or in an electronic format.
We also have procedures to protect data stored electronically (via email and stored on computers or electronically, including on cloud based storage servers such as Dropbox and Google Drive) including login and password protections. All our staff are made aware of the need for protecting personal information in accordance with this Policy and the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information which is unsolicited and is not necessary for us to carry out our activities, provided we are not required to retain that information by law.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
HODD Media will not disclose your personal information to third parties except, (i) as set out in this Policy; or (ii) for the particular purpose for which the personal information was collected; or (iii) with your consent.
We may disclose personal information to third party service providers engaged by HODD Media, for example, a casting agent or an accounting or pay-roll company or other third party contractor (including its employees) engaged on a HODD Media production. Our business ‘partners’ – including networks, sponsors, our investors and financiers, our insurers including completion bond companies, our sales agents and distributors, our travel agents and other goods and service suppliers – may also be provided with your personal information where reasonably necessary for us to carry out one or more of our functions or activities.
We may provide your contact details to a third party business we engage to manage live audience participation or other production or marketing services. Some information may be seen by our viewing audiences when they consume HODD Media productions.
We may share your personal information with third parties who facilitate the obtaining of police checks as well as police authorities.
Other disclosure may be made where necessary for providing prizes for competitions organised by us or promotional partners.
Where you work on or appear in a HODD Media production:
- your name and position may also be included on the credits of the production and in associated marketing materials;
- your details made be disclosed as necessary for immigration, travel and accommodation purposes, if we arrange your travel;
- some government funding departments and agencies require aggregated details relating to a production, including, for example, job applicants (including details of state of residence) and some financial arrangements (such as the tax rebate known as the Producer Offset) may require specific personal information about you and your engagement with HODD Media, including your name, nationality, residence and contract details, including payments and other benefits.
- personal information may be provided to the Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance (MEAA), including for the purpose of calculating and paying residuals to on-camera talent.
We may also disclose collected personal information in confidence to a third party who expresses interest in purchasing our business or in the event we propose to sell our business or for the purposes of merger or re-organization.
Personal information provided to a HODD Media company may be shared with other related companies within ‘the HODD Media group’ and used and disclosed for the above purposes by such companies.
HODD Media productions are intended to be marketed throughout the world and in the course of financing, licensing and distributing our productions we may need to provide personal information about you to our Australian and overseas broadcasters, distributors and sales agents, including your contact details and contractual entitlements.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TO REQUEST CORRECTIONS
Should you wish to access or correct personal information that we hold about you, please make a written request to our Privacy Officer (contact details are set out at the end of this Policy).
It is your right to request access to your personal information held by us. Situations where we may need to refuse to give you access include where legal proceedings have been commenced or are anticipated. You also have the right to request corrections to personal information about you if it is inaccurate, including if it is out of date. Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to resolve any disputes regarding whether your personal information that we hold is correct.
We will seek to respond to your written request within 30 days of its receipt. HODD Media may charge a fee, as appropriate, in certain circumstances in order to facilitate access to your personal information. No fee is charged to correct personal information.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
We encourage you to contact us if you have any concerns about the use of your personal information. If you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details are set out at the end of this Policy). All complaints will be considered by the Privacy Officer and he or she will endeavour to resolve the matter. If the complaint is not satisfactorily resolved the complaint may be taken to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (telephone: 1300 363 992; email: Button Link; website: Button Link).
PRIVACY OFFICER’S CONTACT DETAILS
Privacy Officer: T. Bartley
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: PO BOX 5062 South Melbourne VIC 3205